Old November 1st 07, 07:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Popupkiller

Default 2nd HDD will not format with NTFS system

What I think he means is that he formats the fisk as NTFS but it shows as RAW
when it is finished formating. I have the same problem with my external drive.

"sebbelcher" wrote:

There is no such thing as formatting as 'RAW', RAW is literally raw data,
implying it has no format, it is what the disk is before it is formatted. In
the disk manager window, have you tried right clicking on the partition and
clicking 'Format'?

Seb.

"Mikenn" wrote:

I've added a 2nd 250GB HDD to my computer. It's recognised in the BIOS, can
be seen by Disk Manager, will created partition volume but but will not
format with NTFS file system but formats partition as RAW system. Any ideas
how I can NTFS format this second disk. I'm running Vista Home Premium