Old November 1st 07, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
George E

Default Printer will not Initialize

We just purchased a computer with 32 Bit Vista. We downloaded a Vista
compatable print driver for our Epston Photo Sylus R220 printer. When we
seek to print from Wordperfect 3X (with the Vista Compatable patch) we get
the error message that "Printer will not Initialize". After we get that
error, Gatway computer games and the Control Panel will not load. The latter
simply blicks and disappears. We rebooted and were able to open control panel
again and the games. The above error does not initally happen, but it
eventually does. I tried removing the above driver and replacing it with a
Vista supplied driver for the E P S R210, It initially worked and then we got
the same error mentioned above. Also, the games would not open and neither
would control panel. We have sent hours with Gateway on the this problem and
have written to Epson. I even tried to download the patch on the Windows
Vista page and I was told that I did not need this patch. I do not know what
to do