Old November 3rd 07, 12:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
User[_4_]

Default @ key

Just a thought...
Open Word and type in your email address. Highlight it, Copy/Paste using
Ctrl C then Ctrl V on your keyboard and see if that works.

All the best,
George

"Boojiboy" wrote in message
Instead of @ I get ' The shift key doesn't make any difference. Does
this
help? I'm also in the UK. I have made sure that language is English and
that
keyboard is set to same.

"Rojo Habe" wrote:

Possible language settings in your email client? Does any character
other
than @ appear instead? What country are you in? It appears in different
places depending on nationality. On mine (UK) it's Shift-apostrophe. In
some countries this will give you a quotation (") symbol instead. Try
Shift-2 instead. If this works then your email client is probably set
for
the wrong language/keyboard.

...Unless of course you're using Windows Mail for both email and news, in
which case I don't know, as it's obviously working in this thread.

I've just noticed your post was written in Unicode (UTF-8). It actually
appears in the title bar of this reply, and that's the first time I've
seen
it. This may have a bearing on the subject. Unfortunately I can't help
here. Hopefully someone else can guide you through setting the right
character set.

"Boojiboy" wrote in message
I'm trying to set up my e-mail and can't get the @ key to work. Works
fine
here, in Word, anywhere but on my set up account page. Any ideas ?

Regards, Mark