Old November 11th 07, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Martin S.

Default Network Printer installation with Vista

You need to create the printer port first, then install the printer using
the already created port.

"bweitzel" wrote in message
I have a wireless netwok that I am able to access with my new Vista OS
laptop
but I am unable to install the printer that is connected to my Media
Center
PC. I have connected two XP machines to this network and installed the
printers without a hitch. I can see and acess the files on the other PCs
and
can see the files in the Vista machine. I have turned off the firewalls
on
the Vista machine (Windows and Norton) and I can the printer shows up in
the
list when I go to the add printer routine but when I try to install it it
says "ACCESS DENIED." I have spent about 10 hrs on this and I'm about to
return this machine. Please help and give me a support telephone number I
can call if the fix doesn't work.
Thanks