How long...?

Old May 5th 07, 11:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Manic056

Default How long...?

When is the projected release date for a new version of windows vista that
can support Quad SLI technology that you get with such cards as 2 x 7950GX2
Old May 5th 07, 11:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall MVP

Manic

nVidia and ATI are responsible for video drivers..

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Old May 5th 07, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Manic056

"Manic056" wrote in message
When is the projected release date for a new version of windows vista that
can support Quad SLI technology that you get with such cards as 2 x
7950GX2

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Yes they are, and they have produced a driver that works with Quad SLI for
XP, but as I said VISTA is not compatiable yet with Quad SLI, therefore
Nvidia cannot make a Quad SLI driver for Vista, if Vista won't install on a
Quad SLI system.

Gargh.
Old May 7th 07, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cb

"Manic056" wrote in message
When is the projected release date for a new version of windows vista that
can support Quad SLI technology that you get with such cards as 2 x
7950GX2

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Yes they are, and they have produced a driver that works with Quad SLI for
XP, but as I said VISTA is not compatiable yet with Quad SLI, therefore
Nvidia cannot make a Quad SLI driver for Vista, if Vista won't install on a
Quad SLI system.

Gargh.

You have answered your own question, ie: "and they have produced a
driver that works with Quad SLI for XP". If they also produce a driver that
works with Vista your problems will be solved. Vista, or any other operating
system for that matter, is not incompatible with anything. An OS is an OS and
it is the responsibility of third party hardware and software manufacturers
to make their products compatible with the OS. If these vendors decide to
support the Vista operating system they will make their products compatible.
If they choose not to support Vista it is their decision to do so.

C.B.
Old May 7th 07, 07:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Can you install Vista on a system with only one of the cards installed? If
yes what happens when you then try and install the second card?

"Manic056" wrote in message
news

Old May 7th 07, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Manic056

Hey JW, hmm haven't tried, but I can't now anyway, I sent my copy of Vista
back ages ago. Which is why I was wondering how long it will be until vista
will install correctly on a quad system. Because that way, I'll just wait for
that release and then buy it again.

"JW" wrote:

Can you install Vista on a system with only one of the cards installed? If
yes what happens when you then try and install the second card?

"Manic056" wrote in message
news