Old November 15th 07, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rotten Deadite[_2_]

Default Mouse & Keyboard don't work after Update

Yeah, sounds like we have exactly the same problems. What kind of hardware
do you have? Here's my system:

Intel E6600 on MSI P6N SLI MB
2x Geil 1GB DDR2 PC6400 RAM
EVGA GeForce 7900GS 256MB PCIE

And the troublemakers:
Microsoft Natural 5000 keyboard (USB)
Microsoft Explorer 4.0A mouse (USB)

I'm using the recovery DVD provided to me by Cyberpower PC to reinstall
Vista at the moment. I'll post again when it's done.

"timtyson" wrote:

I have exactly the same problem. After downloading the latest update for
Windows Vista which was optional and appeared today 11/15/07, the mouse and
keyboard no longer work in Vista which stops at the password window. The
keyboard does work in BIOS. I have no idea what to do except to reload Vista.

"Rotten Deadite" wrote:

I installed a USB-related update through Live Update last night and when I
rebooted my computer my mouse & keyboard no longer work.

They light up, and the keyboard works in BIOS so I assume this is a driver
issue.

I've reseated them, switched USB ports, even tried them in the ps2 ports but
nothing seems to work. I've even tried a different mouse & keyboard but I
get the same problem.

I'd love to try re-installing drivers or something, but as I said the mouse
& keyboard don't work so I can't even log in.

Suggestions, anyone?