Mouse gone

Old May 6th 07, 05:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MorganT71

Default Mouse gone

It started on 5/5/07 while I was playing a game & I heard a "Bing Bing" three
or four times & then the whole game froze So I shut down game with task
mananger & that is when I found the mouse would work on & off & the off so I
rebooted & sence then no mouse. as this was a ball mouse in the USB slot I
got another New Mouse on eather ps2 or USB & could not get it to work eather.
updated drivers & no good, still no mouse, tried removeing in device man. &
rebooting in eather normal or safe mode-NO Mouse- Any one have any Ideas?
mouse worked fine for two years.
Old May 6th 07, 08:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeff

Maybe you just can't see it. What happens if you right click on something..
can you see a menu?

news
&

Old May 6th 07, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MorganT71

the pointer is there & the hour glass shows up from time to time but will not
move & when it happens to be over a button pushing the buttons will do
nothing-I use thw key board to tab around some & the device mananger shows it
working ok & updateing driver's did not help-I installes a new mouse
(wirless) & have not gotten that one to work eather

"Jeff" wrote:

Maybe you just can't see it. What happens if you right click on something..
can you see a menu?

news

Old May 7th 07, 06:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Don

MorganT71 wrote:
the pointer is there & the hour glass shows up from time to time but will not
move & when it happens to be over a button pushing the buttons will do
nothing-I use thw key board to tab around some & the device mananger shows it
working ok & updateing driver's did not help-I installes a new mouse
(wirless) & have not gotten that one to work eather

The problem started after a program crash, which suggests a corrupted
file system may be responsible. Try running chkdisk.

"Jeff" wrote:

Maybe you just can't see it. What happens if you right click on something..
can you see a menu?

news

Old May 7th 07, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MorganT71

I do not think so as the mouse was working & then stopped working so could
not shut down game except taskmananger & then mouse would not work in Vista.
Also as a side note while I was playing the game I heard a "bong bong" sound
that was the same as when you plug in an object to use & windows finds it you
get a "bong bong" sound. That happened three or four times then mouse stopped
working,

"Jeff" wrote:

Maybe you just can't see it. What happens if you right click on something..
can you see a menu?

news It started on 5/5/07 while I was playing a game & I heard a "Bing Bing"

Old May 8th 07, 06:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeff

Ohhh.. a bong-bong sound. Like one you would hear if you plugged in a camera
or something. I bet your mouse is fine. I bet it's your USB. What other USB
devices do you have? Maybe you have too many if it's a bus powered hub. You
might want to go into device manager and delete all the USB ports and hubs.
Reboot and let it reinstall the drivers for the USB.

news