Old November 17th 07, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Flash Gordon

Default Privileges on MY Home Comp

Hi,

Occasionally I get the following message when trying to do something....like
change a driver or update a file, etc.

The current logged on user does not have ownership privileges on
the file (or folder) "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\".

It is on my desktop machine at home...running Vista Ultimate.

It is MY Machine and I am the Administrator....supposedly.

How do I ensure that this is the case ensuring I am the
Owner/Administrator - to stop these messages from cropping up again???

Any help would be appreciated

cheers

FG