Old August 29th 06, 03:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
print_maker

Default help capturing video from camera into Windows Movie Maker

Does your camcorder only have a USB connection, or does it also have 1394
(firewire)?

If it has both, the USB is often only for taking files off a memory card and
what you want to use is the 1394 connection.

"OJ" wrote in message
HELP!!
I am trying to capture video from my video device into Windows Movie
Maker.
My camera has a USB connection to my computer. While the hardware device
is
located, when I attempt to Capture from Video Device, I am told that the
device is not detected. Do I need a different type of connection between
the
camera and my computer??
THANKS