Old September 4th 06, 02:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
R K

Default media center stopped wotking

I have experienced the same problem. Vista was working nicely last Monday
night but when I boot up the next morning, I got "Decoder Error" problem. No
TV or DVD under MCE.

I reinstall from scratch and did all the updates and still the got the
problem. I installed PowerDVD and then I can at least watch TV but DVD has no
sound. sigh.. Now it won't let me uninstall PowerDVD.

"Will Schuitman" wrote:

I'm running beta 2 5384
media center has always worked for me but it has all of sudden stopped it
keeps saying "decoder error" evertime I want to watch live tv or play
recorded tv
This has happened to me only once before at the time it was caused by the
system time being out of sync
this is not the cause this time I'm at a loss here I have no idea why it is
doing this I've tried everything even reinstalled my video drivers and still
no luck
does anyone out there have any Ideas ???