Old November 25th 07, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
micro48118

Default 4 out of 6 usb slots just stopped working

i just built a new machine, dual core amd, asus motherboard. When i
installed vista premium x64 everything worked fine for 3 days. Now i
change location (went home from friends house), and all of a sudden only
2 of my usb ports are working. It seems they get power because when i
try to plug in my logitech optical gaming mouse the light flashes just
briefly and then nothing. The two usb slots that are working aren't
anywhere near each other either, one is on the front of the case and the
other in back. Please anyone with ideas--is this a vista problem? I
should also mention that i have linux, opensuse 10.3 on this as well,
and the usb has the same issues. I have went into safe mode and
uninstalled all the usb components twice now, and there is never any
exclamations or errors given. the slots just don't work.

--
micro48118