Sort by Type.

Old May 10th 07, 03:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Niraj

Default Sort by Type.

Hi everyone!

I'm running Vista Home Premium and have a couple of questions in terms of
the organizing of files in Vista. By default all files are sorted by name
which is fine, but in a few folders I want them to be sorted by type. In some
folders, this is possible, and in others the option to sort by type doesn't
appear. Why is this?

Another thing in which I've noticed about Vista is that it sorts files (by
name or other genre) immediately, i.e. even whilst files are being written
into the folder, so they are never not sorted. In Windows XP, new files were
merely added to the end of the file list and sorted only by refreshing the
folder's view or by closing the folder and re-opening it. Is this possible in
Vista? Because if I copy and paste a file beginning with 'A' into a folder, I
have to scroll back to the beginning to view the file.

Any help with these issues would be much appreciated. Many thanks to all
that reply.

Niraj.