Old December 4th 07, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Aaron B[_2_]

Default Vista does not recognise USB mouse

"Ian D" wrote in message

"Aaron B" wrote in message
I was using Vista Ultimate 32bit with this Dell system with PS/2 mouse.
I bought a new USB mouse to replace the broken mouse.
But when power up Vista, it does not recognize this new USB mouse.

I check this USB mouse at my laptop, and this mouse works fine.

How can I make Vista to switch from PS/2 to USB mouse?
Thank you.

This shouldn't affect things, but you never know, - is legacy USB
support enabled in the BIOS? Did your USB mouse come with a
USB to PS/2 adapter you can try?

I tried this same mouse with PS/2 adapter to my other computer running XP.
This mouse works, both ways with PS/2 adapter and USB plug.
The problem is this new Vista computer does not pick up the USB connection.