Old December 8th 07, 01:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Ian D

Default 4GB or 3GB physical memory for 32 bit wondows vista

"JC" wrote in message
I have 4GB of physical RAM, windows vista shows only 3326MB. Does it really
help with performance if I have 4GB or should I just install 3GB memory? I
just bought the additional 2GB memory (had 2GB before) and wondering if I
should exchange for a 1GB one. Thanks.

Since you already have the 4 GB, stick with it. If you ever decide to go
64 bit you're all set. Since memory specs are always evolving it may
be difficult to find matching RAM in the future, and older less available
RAM usually goes up in price.