Old December 8th 07, 02:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Default Adding memory in Vista64?

What do you expect MS to do. If your MOBO supports greater then 4GB of ram
and you have the latest BIOS updates for it installed and your BIOS settings
are in accordance with the following links AFAIK there is nothing else MS
can do.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929605/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105

"Exit Only Once" wrote in message
Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
Check the knowledgebase as there are problems with 4 gig and 64 bit.
There is a fix that can be applied. Sorry but I don't have the links
handy.

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 18:27:54 -0800, Exit Only Once

Have now tried applying the patch from KB929777 = same result

Also tried upping voltage on memory to 2.1V with all timing set to
standard = same result

All the memory I am using is from the same manufacturer S.Skill
Timing CL4-4-4-12 2.0~2.1V

Get the same failure if I take the original 2x1 = 2GB sticks out and put
the 2x2 = 4GB in the same positions.

Any other suggestions?

Wait for MS to get their act together?

Gordon