Old December 8th 07, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Michael Walraven[_3_]

Default Speaker icon missing from sys tray

Sorry, can't help. Never happened to me so have no idea why they would be
grayed out.
Michael

"churin" wrote in message
Michael;

Thanks for your response.
I followed your suggestion and saw 'Volume' and 'Network' under System
Icons. But both are grayed so I could not add check marks. What could be
wrong?

PS: Network icon is also not shown on the system tray.

Churin

Michael Walraven wrote:
Right click in the taskbar area
select properties
notification area tab
system icons
should have a box to select for Volume

Michael

"churin" wrote in message
Speaker icon for volume control is missing from the system tray. This is
with a brand new notebook PC I just bought. Otherwise, audio is working
just fine. Could anyone help?