Old September 28th 06, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
eagleye

Default RC1 PPTP VPN issues - upgrade install

All my VPN connectoids migrated incorrectly. They show as being bound to
"modem removed unavailable device()". So, I figured something went wrong and
I removed all of them. However, when I try to create a PPTP connection using
the wizard (selecting internet connection), the new connection does not work.
Further inspection shows a bizarre error "modem removed unavailable device
()".

I've tried everything I know, including resetting TCP/IP and reinstalling
the NICs to no avail. It seems like something is corrupt but I have not clue
as to what it might be.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated including a possible way to reset
the network connections (other than NETSH, device manager uninstall/reinstall
which I already tried).