Old December 9th 07, 02:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Exit Only Once

Default Adding memory in Vista64?

JW wrote:
What do you expect MS to do. If your MOBO supports greater then 4GB of
ram and you have the latest BIOS updates for it installed and your BIOS
settings are in accordance with the following links AFAIK there is
nothing else MS can do.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929605/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105

MOBO BIOS reports all 6GB and all test OK.

In my case, I can get into safe mode, but not launch in full, I suspect
a conflict between drivers for video or some other hardware.

Since quite a few folks with various hardware are having problems with
4GB+ and Vista64, I think there is something in the memory management
code that isn't working quite right. Some report success by slowing down
the memory clock, but that hasn't worked for me.

Since the reports of a problem go back into the beta days, I expect to
see some improvement as patches come out from MS and the hardware
manufacturers. Since MS sold the OS as being able to use more than 4GB,
it would be nice if it did.

Gordon