Old December 10th 07, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
[email protected]

Default Vista backup question

Ok, who was the genius who decided to take the manual file selection
out of the backup in Vista???

What a joke!

What kind of OS is it that thinks it knows what I want to backup??

For reference, I explicity keep my files *out* of the user profile
simply because it causes so many issues. And now with Vista, the
posts I see seem to indicate that if my files aren't in the user
profile folder, they aren't good enough to backup?

If someone has a real good reason why this is a good idea, I'm open to
hear, but right now, I can think of none.

Meanwhile, I'm going back to XP. If I wanted to be protected from
myself, I'd have gotten a Mac.

--dog