digital lcd monitor shut down

Old May 19th 07, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
wayy999

Default digital lcd monitor shut down

Upgrade new HP computer with Vista how the mon shuts down . computer still
running just screen black.all s/w updated swapped lcd to crt ok . anlog work
ok just in the digital. thanks
Old December 5th 08, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
syruss

I had this problem twice so far:

After some time i installed vista (a week, two, a month) my monitor
disconects in the moment before vista is entering the welcome screen and
my resolution is fixed on 1024 x 768 and i can't change it. Never had
this experience in XP Pro OEM

System specification: video card nvidia8600GTS monitor AcerAl2216W;

Damn, all the microsoft company workers have their fridges full with
meat ( from my curses)

My resolve:

Case 1: Disconnect monitor from video card , disconnect power cable
from the monitor , wait a few seconds (to be shore wait a minute) and
then reconnect all the cables. If it worked go to personalize disp
settt and you should be able to modify the resolution ( for me it worked
)

case 2: uninstall driver, reinstall directx 9.0c, reinstall video card
driver, Disconnect monitor from video card , disconnect power cable from
the monitor , wait a few seconds (to be shore wait a minute) and then
reconnect all the cables. If it worked go to personalize disp settt
and you should be able to modify the resolution

case 3: if the above cases don't work go seek profession help

--
syruss
Old December 5th 08, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

What driver release version do you have installed from the NVIDIA Website?
If you do an F8 boot into safe mode you can change the Normal mode
resolution setting so that when you boot next into normal mode your
resolution should be what you want.

Old December 5th 08, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timothy Davis [MSFT][_3_]

Damn, all the microsoft company workers have their fridges full with
meat ( from my curses)

Is this a cultural specific reference that simply went over my head? All I
have in my fridge here in my office is beer and frozen dinners. :-)

And the beer is really old - so don't go thinking we drink and work on
Windows.

Although:

http://xkcd.com/323/

I would like to remind you that Microsoft doesn't make but a few devices
used in the PC ecosystem. The cool thing about PCs is that there are so
many devices and choices. The bad thing is that most PC buyers don't
understand that buying the cheapest devices causes the industry to 'race to
the bottom' in terms of cost/quality.

Old December 6th 08, 07:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
syruss

What driver release version do you have installed from the NVIDIA
Website?
If you do an F8 boot into safe mode you can change the Normal mode
resolution setting so that when you boot next into normal mode your
resolution should be what you want.

Trust me id doesent work beacouse my monitor and many others monitor
have a specific profile inside them or simplu put he has a bios for
himself beacouse of a power blackout my monitor profile got corupted so
vista is doing nothing in this matter altogh in xp never happpened. Save
mode not an option for me it didnt work i spended 24 hours without sleep
to finde a fix and trust me even a clean cut install of vista and the
resolution still was blocked i googled my problem and nobody posted
any resolve so i put here my on resolves

--
syruss
Old December 6th 08, 02:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

I have an Nvidia 8500GT running on Home Premium 32 bit and a 22"LCD monitor
with a native resolution of 1680x1050 and I have no trouble with the current
Nvidia drivers changing the resolution using show all modes option as well
as the using the standard resolution .
Are you saying you are unable to boot in Safe Mode? Or that when you do you
cannot change the normal mode resolution?