Old December 15th 07, 03:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Exit Only Once

Default Temporary resolution - Adding memory in Vista64?

Exit Only Once wrote:
I built this machine to work on Vista64, so it is not my main machine.

The original machine is:
ASUS M2R32-mvp
AMD 5600+
2GB G.skill memory
ATI 2600XT x 2 (crossfire)

The motherboard supports more than two sticks of memory, but only at a
reduced rate (333), according to the book. Found that this one won't
even do that.

Best solution for me was to leave the 2x1GB sticks on the work bench and
run with only the 2X2GB sticks in the first two slots.

Seems to be up and stable now.

I should learn to read the latest manual before purchasing. This is the
second ASUS board that I have that will not support a full memory
compliment at the full rated speed.

Thanks for the help.

Gordon