Old December 18th 07, 01:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cunnid02

Default USB DEVICES using Vista Ultimate

I have to add my complaints as to why my USB devices which were working just
fine suddenly turned GENERIC after one of MS's famous updates. I mean, I had
My Book read as My Book (F) in My Computer; now if I am lucky it loads a
generic driver and doesn't register at all in My Computer. In fact, I haven't
been able to utilize any of my external hdds because of this. The frightening
thing is that this is also occurring in Vista Home Premium - and the control
of course, is XP, where everything is read and operates as it should.
I have finally decided to turn to this group because if I go online there
are about a thousand different solutions, none of which work when I try. Is
there a viable solution that will put the USB reading back the way they
should and usable?
Why can't MS let the dust settle before doing another update?
--
Don