HP scanjet 3300C - error 2117

Old May 22nd 07, 04:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gas

Default HP scanjet 3300C - error 2117

From HP.com site I've downloaded the latest driver. No Viast-version
available so I downloaded the XP-version. When application is running and I
request a scan I get an error 2117. Tried with "Run as XP-compatibility",
and I tried all tricks mentioned by HP-FAQ. How can I make my scanner work
with Vista ?-)

Old May 22nd 07, 04:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rock

"Gas" wrote
From HP.com site I've downloaded the latest driver. No Viast-version
available so I downloaded the XP-version. When application is running and
I request a scan I get an error 2117. Tried with "Run as
XP-compatibility", and I tried all tricks mentioned by HP-FAQ. How can I
make my scanner work with Vista ?-)

If there is no Vista driver and the XP driver doesn't work, then it won't
run. Is there any info from HP about when or if a Vista driver will be
offered?

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Old May 22nd 07, 12:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Gas,

OK, here's the deal when you can't find a scanner driver that works with
Vista. The website www.hamrick.com sells drivers/software that supports over
700 different scanners. The package is called VueScan and costs $40.

Like you, my scanner has no other Vista compatible drivers available, so I
paid the $40. After doing that, I ran the scanner with the downloaded
package and my old scanner now works with Vista. I'm happy, but some people
don't like the idea of having to pay. If you think this approach useful,
make sure the site supports you scanner.
--
freddy

"freddy" wrote:

Noozer,

You may be able to find a driver for your scanner that works in Vista. I've
found two sites that include Vista drivers for hardware not supported by the
manufacturers of that hardware. Here is a site that has many free drivers.
You need to search to determine whether the site has a driver for your
scanner:
\
http://www.radarsync.com/vista/vista...php?result=600

Here is a site that has drivers for many scanners, but you have to buy it:

http://www.hamrick.com

Again, you need to determine whether you scanner is supported.
--
freddy

"Noozer" wrote:

Are there any reasonably price scanners that work in Windows Vista?

My Mustek BearPaw 1200CU has been a great scanner, and only cost $40 new.
Unfortunately, Mustek won't even acknowledge that Vista exists.

--
freddy

From HP.com site I've downloaded the latest driver. No Viast-version

Old May 22nd 07, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

--
freddy

"freddy" wrote:

Gas,

OK, here's the deal when you can't find a scanner driver that works with
Vista. The website www.hamrick.com sells drivers/software that supports over
700 different scanners. The package is called VueScan and costs $40.

Like you, my scanner has no other Vista compatible drivers available, so I
paid the $40. After doing that, I ran the scanner with the downloaded
package and my old scanner now works with Vista. I'm happy, but some people
don't like the idea of having to pay. If you think this approach useful,
make sure the site supports you scanner.
--
freddy (repost as there is a mistake in the previous one)

From HP.com site I've downloaded the latest driver. No Viast-version

Old May 24th 07, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
woodlander

this is totally lame. i bought this scanner in 2002, brand new! for it
to not be supported at this stage, is in itself quite rediculous. but
the patronising "why don't you give us some more money for a new
scanner, when the one you've got is perfectly fine? we're not even
going to make a driver for vista" on the HP site is really annoying

--
woodlander
Old May 31st 07, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Lamfxs

Hi I also had some problem with my scanner, but recently I found a great
tech support site that help me fix my printer. They have live chat
support that you can use for free!!!

Here is the page for 'HP Support' (http://www.fixya.com/support/hp)

Good luck

Lee

--
Lamfxs
Old April 23rd 08, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
robin grimmett

Default hp 3300c scanner

There is no driver available from hp for the 3300c scanner and so far have not found a non hp patch. Looks like a new scanner will need to be purchased

Robin

Old April 23rd 08, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

"robin grimmett" wrote in message
There is no driver available from hp for the 3300c scanner and so far have
not found a non hp patch. Looks like a new scanner will need to be
purchased

Robin

Try this software..

http://www.hamrick.com/