Old December 20th 07, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

Default pocket pc installation; device not detected

That device is too old to work with Vista, even if you install the Windows
Mobile Device Center. Windows Mobile 2002 won't synchronize with Vista.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

"clueless" wrote in message
I am trying to install my Hitachi G-1000 Pocket PC into my laptop to get my
pictures out. The software installed fine, but when I attach the pocket pc
my laptop with the usb it's not recognizing it. Can anyone tell me what I
need to do? I already restarted my laptop with the device attached. The
pocket pc is ActiveSync 3.7.1 version.