Old August 29th 06, 09:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Pushkar

Default How to TCP/IP filtering options for IPv4 in Vista?

Thanks Jimmy for your quick reply.

Now in Windows Vista Windows Firewall is UI is used for these settings. So
can I safely assume that the follwoing registry keys:
System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters \EnableSecurityFilters
System\CurrentControlSet\Services\adapter name\ Parameters\Tcpip\
RawIpAllowedProtocols
System\CurrentControlSet\Services\adapter name\
Parameters\Tcpip\TcpAllowedPorts
\CurrentControlSet\Services\adapter name\ Parameters\Tcpip\UdpAllowedPorts
are not used in Vista or these keys still hold some meaning?

Is Vista Firewall settings saved at following localtion or at some other
location?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\S haredAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRule s

So If I just want to know what are all the allowed TCP/IP ports I need to go
through all the rules and then find out which ports are allowed.

Thanks,
Pushkar

"Jimmy Brush" wrote in message
Windows Firewall is the UI used to change filtering settings.

This is necessary because the Windows Firewall supports different "modes"
that a logical "network" can be set to, such as private, public, and
domain that all have different rules... so the rules are no longer
attached to a network interface but a mode.

- Click Start - Control Panel - System and Maintenance - Administrative
Tools
- Double-click Windows Firewall with Advanced Security

--
- JB

Windows Vista Support Faq
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/