Update for NForce network controller-anyone know what it does?

Old May 23rd 07, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob

Default Update for NForce network controller-anyone know what it does?

Just saw an update for Nforce network controller on Vista update site. I'm
hesitant in updating mine as it seems to work fine and was wondering if
anyone has updated and has any feedback?
Thanks,
Bob

Old May 23rd 07, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carlos

Bob, Cal:
This update is not showing up (Vista x64) for the network controller embeded
in my ASUS A8N-SLI mobo (NForce4 chipset).
What chipset or motherboard do you have?
What is the driver version?
MS recently (May 07) updated a SATA driver for NForce offering an older
version than NVidia's official (released in Feb 07)
Carlos

Old May 23rd 07, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob

I'm using an MSI 7185 MB with NForce 4 chipset. Running Vista Ultimate 32
bit so maybe it's for the 32 bit system only, it's listed as an optional
update. I'm about to download it and install so we'll see how it goes.
Bob

Old May 23rd 07, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

ASUS A8M2N-LA motherboard, version 65.5.5.0 network controller driver

This is for Vista x86

Have not been recently offered any SATA driver updates

Old May 23rd 07, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carlos

Cal:
SATA update has shown up only for nForce4 and Vista x64.
If you feel like investigating a little...
I have found a downloadable version of the nForce4 Serial ATA Controller
(the one in Windows Update) at:
http://test.catalog.update.microsoft...rial%20nforce4
Three controllers are available.
1st. and 3rd. are for Vista x64
2nd. is for Vista x86
NVstor64.sys (and inf file) version is 5.10.2600.0824
Date is 12/23/2006
Don't know whether this applies to your mobo or not.
If you open the inf file you will see to which devices it applies to.

Carlos

Old May 23rd 07, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Will investigate
Thanks for the heads up.

"Carlos" wrote in message
Cal:
SATA update has shown up only for nForce4 and Vista x64.
If you feel like investigating a little...
I have found a downloadable version of the nForce4 Serial ATA Controller
(the one in Windows Update) at:
http://test.catalog.update.microsoft...rial%20nforce4
Three controllers are available.
1st. and 3rd. are for Vista x64
2nd. is for Vista x86
NVstor64.sys (and inf file) version is 5.10.2600.0824
Date is 12/23/2006