Old September 4th 06, 03:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
PhilMaznyk

Default Need Working Antivirus Solution

Have you tried to right click a file and scan it ? I too was able to install
PC Cillin but the feature for manual scanning of files was not present or
available. So to me it was useless as an antivirus solution.

Phil.

"Jay" wrote:

I just installed Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 14 beta without
any problems on Windows Vista Pre-RC1 build 5536. I only installed
Windows Live Messenger prior to installing the software.

I hope that helps.
"PhilMaznyk" wrote in message
It seems very odd that so many users are having issues yet others
apparrently
are not. In my case this was a clean install from the DVD with no other
software present.

Phil.

"abckid" wrote:

Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 14, works perfect for me.

abc

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

Phil;
Nothing will ever be 100% "works completely and without any issues"
But for me, the latest version of AVG Free seems to work very well.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"PhilMaznyk" wrote in message
news Has anyone had complete success (zero issues) yet with any

antivirus
software in build 5536. I need to know of one that works

completely and
without any issues. Thanks.

Phil.