Invalid INF file

Old May 24th 07, 09:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mhtweety

Default Invalid INF file

Hi,
I have some trouble using a Sony Network walkman with Windows Vista - it ran
fine with XP using the same version of Sony´s SonicStage that supposedly has
all the drivers.
The message I keep getting is that there is an invalid section of the INF
file - does anybody know how to solve the problem.

The problem occurs with two different devices.

Old May 24th 07, 12:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jamandali

im having the same trouble i have been to sony and downloaded the latest
sonicstage and the firmware but cat get firmware onto the mp3 player as it
wont recognise it any help please ???
Old May 24th 07, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

All,

Just a suggestion: If you can't get the issue resolved here, try contacting
Sony Support. Sony should know how to take care of this if anyone can.
Another thought, try using google for possible answers. Anyone else?
--
freddy

Old May 26th 07, 12:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mhtweety

Hi,
I have been in communication with Sony support for the past three weeks with
no result - their latest suggestion is that having a Danish version of
Windows Vista is invalidating the INF file in the SonicStage software. I find
that somewhat unlikely as I ran SonicStage with no problems on the Danish
version of XP - any thoughts on this?

Old May 26th 07, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

mhtweety,

Your guess is as good as mine. I can speculate that since Vista isn't the
same as XP, then the .inf file used in XP would likely have problems with
Vista. That is, Vista reads the WinXP file and says, what the?? I'm Vista,
not XP! That's just my logic. I just don't know. If Sony has no answer,
then try Windows Update. Sometimes Windows Update includes fixes for
problems like this. If that doesn't work, then perhaps Sony will eventually
come through with a fix. Try google to see what others are saying about this.
--
freddy

Old May 26th 07, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark Bourne

mhtweety wrote:
Hi,
I have some trouble using a Sony Network walkman with Windows Vista - it ran
fine with XP using the same version of Sony´s SonicStage that supposedly has
all the drivers.
The message I keep getting is that there is an invalid section of the INF
file - does anybody know how to solve the problem.

The problem occurs with two different devices.

Make sure the version of SonicStage you are using is compatible with
Vista - I think SonicStage CP 4.3 is the first version which is. If not,
download and install the latest version.

Then try looking on Sony's web site for Vista drivers for your device.
If the drivers for your model are listed for XP but not Vista, you could
try looking for Vista drivers for similar models. For example, they
don't have Vista drivers for my MZ-N510 NetMD player, but the Vista
drivers for the MZ-520 work fine with it.