Old September 18th 06, 12:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
StevenW

Default Trend PC-cillin won't work on RC1

https://www.trendbeta.com/index.php?get=80

"Vista boy" wrote:

I can't seem to find the dload link for this. Anyone care to post it for me?

"rascal" wrote in message
I had the same problem, I went to the Trend web site and finally found the
answer. There is a tool in the Trend folder that correctly un-installs
the
software. It did take a couple of tries but I finally managed to get it
completely uninstalled, although the folder remains and when it goes to
install again it tells you this, I just clicked overwrite existing files,
and
now works fine. But I must admit it was getting pretty frustrating. I
usually use Norton but from the last visit to their website they are
coming
out with anything til next month maybe and it will be beta also.

"Richard Lundgren" wrote:

I just upgraded from beta to RC1, I had trend beta for vista already
installed but when I upgraded, PCcillin will not load. I tried to
uninstal
it and I get error. I tried to reinstall it and I get an error when the
new
install tries to uninstall the current instal. I tried to delete the
trend
folder in explorer and windows won't let me, it says I need permision but
am the administrator. I can't delete MY folder on MY computer, WHY?
I disabled UAC and I still can't do it myself.