Old October 1st 06, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
altheim

Default Norton is looking for beta testers - Vista 32 bit NOT 64 bit

"Spirefm" wrote:
I've just had quite a row with Norton. I lost. They terminated my 1 year's
subscription with over 100 days still to go. Reason? "You have
re-installed
Norton too often" Grrr. They'll never get me as a customer again, nor any
of
my friends. Colin

"Alejo" wrote:

"Spirefm" wrote:

Norton Internet Security Testing -
https://et.symantec.com/callout/default.html?callid={5FB0B868-987F-4D8A-995C-7925EB89D6DE}

Colin

norton is the the worst AV suite ever. It is extremely restrictive on XP
and
has too many volrnabilities. I hope they are starting over

I'm pleased to see that I am not the only one who dislikes Norton AV.

I was having trouble with automatic update and after jumping
through hoops, doing fixes I knew from experience wouldn't work
they had me uninstall and re-install the program, which also didn't
work (I read later that Symantec knew this was a common problem
with dealership bundled software (I have XP SP2)). After that they
just stopped reponding to my pleas for help.

So I'm with you guys. I've dumped Norton, and until I upgrade to
Vista I'm using PCTools AV, which at least has a real 'uman bean
to talk to.

It remains to be seen whether MS have 'uman beans.

--
altheim