Old October 2nd 06, 06:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Some guy in Kirkland

Default Does Vista firewall have holes?

have you actually tried to telnet to that port from another machine on the
internet?

or possibly running one of hte sysinternals tools to watch the tcpip stack
and the running processes?

i mean, if telnet on 23 is open and you connect to it from another machine
you should get a prompt of some sort.. (or even from 8080)

"Dark Knight" wrote in message
While I haven't figured out what's causing it I know I'm not the only one
experiencing an issue with being informed Telnet port 23 is open and
insecure. After Googling the issue I've found several referrences to other
Windows Vista RC1 testers that have port 23 and port 8080 being left open
and
insecure. I turned off all exceptions in the Windows Firewall as well run
complete virus scan with Avast. Windows Vista RC1 was directly downloaded
from Microsoft's website with a valid key and the workstation hard drive
was
formatted prior to installation so it's a clean installation.

"BillD" wrote:

I've tested the Vista Firewall with your test and all the ports are
stealthed