Old December 28th 07, 12:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Wandering[_2_]

Default Can't Install Flash Drive

Windows Vista doesn't need a "startup program" on the flash drive, and
unless that software is specifically Vista compatible, it won't work in any
event. When Vista pops up a window that it can't find a driver, point it to
C:\Windows\System32, and it should find one there. Also, depending on the
other software you have in use at the time, nothing may show on your machine
when you plug it in and it is properly installed. It doesn't always create a
shortcut, or pop up an access screen. Look in "Computer" on the Start Orb
menu and see if it is listed. If so, you are in business.....

Good luck.

" wrote in
message ...
I got a new flash drive and when I plug it into my computer the auto
installation goes, but it searchs the windows update for the flash drive
software. The flash drive has the start up program in it, but my computer
doesnt look in the flash drive. I have tried the flash drive on my other
computer and it works becasue it looks in it. How can i resolve this
problem?