Old December 29th 07, 12:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Default Lock CD/DVD Drive?

Hi,

No way to do that beyond physically damaging the drive.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Cleary" wrote in message
I'd like to disable the button on my CD/DVD drive so my toddler doesn't
press
it, open the drive, and then snap the drawer off. Instead of using the
button to open the drawer, I'd have to use the eject function on the
screen
(luckily the little terror can't read yet so he wouldn't be able to do
this).
Does anyone know if this is possible to do, and if so, how?