Old December 29th 07, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
k8r

Default Same Icon on Desktop twice

I accidentally deleted my desktop file and it asked me something about
duplication. My fingers moved to fast and i agreed. Now I have two of the
same icons on my desktop. When I try to delete one of the icons, either they
will both go away or one will stay there and not work. Sometimes I can get it
to only have 1 icons but once I install a new program, it will double the
icons again. I added a desktop file again to "user" file and there is also a
"Public Desktop" in the public file. This is very annoying and I would like
to be able to put icons on my desktop without the duplication. How do I fix
this?
This situation is really hard to explain so I hope someone will have an idea
of how to fix it besides reinstalling windows. Thanks!