Old December 30th 07, 02:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Default Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

On Dec 15, 11:04 pm, dmex wrote:
OpenHCD was part of two USB-Core updates to vista some months ago via
Windows Update, either removing them both or re-installing your OEM
supplied USB drivers should correct the problems.

--
dmex

[quote]
The fix for this problem is easy. Go to Device Manager, open the
"System
devices" node, then right click and Uninstall the "3GIO Filter
Driver". Make
sure you click the "Delete the driver from your system" checkbox. Then
it's
just a matter of enjoying the fantastic fireworks of failing drivers.
After a
few restarts the correct drivers should be back in use. [END QUOTE]

I freaking love you man, this fixed my problem totally!!!!!
I had the same LAME support from HP recently , and was told to
recover the system to a date before the problem.

THANK GOD I didn't take thier advice on that one!!!

I had almost given up on this recent issue and said the heck with
it,
HATS OFF, YOU RULE!!

TOTALLY FIXED THE PROBLEM!!

---Chuck