Old October 11th 06, 12:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Kryten

Default RC2 and eTrust av

I got the same prob. AV72_EN works fine with RC1 5600, but will not allow
Realtime protection or tray app to run under RC2 5744, no matter how much you
fiddle with permissions, running as administrator etc.

My Advice would be "Get Avast"

"aknockknock" wrote:

I had this issue and raise the matter with CA...the file you are directed to
in the free Vista RC1 users offer is incorect version...the correct version
av72v_en that is compatible with vista the help person at CA issued me a new
key and emailed the correct link is:

http://consumerdownloads.ca.com/myeT...s/av72v_en.exe

hope this helps cheers
"Nelemans" wrote:

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 02:42:01 -0700, Siggy
wrote:

I have installed RC2 and want to use a supported AV program, so I downloaded
and signup for eTrusts' CA AV.
when I attempt to install it , it fails with an error E9009 - saying that
the OS version is not supported.
I opened a support case at eTrust.
anyone having the same problem?

Use AVAST, www.avast.com.