Old January 3rd 08, 02:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Default ReadyBoost crap shoot

The ability of a flash drive or card to work successfully as a Ready Boost
drive in Vista is totally dependent on the speed of the flash device.
Devices whose speed is marginal especially depending on the speed of their
interface connection will work on one boot and fail on the next.
"Colin Barnhorst" wrote in message
Just sharing an experience.

These ReadyBoost usb thumb drives seem to be a real hit and miss thing. I
just bought a Patriot 16GB Xporter XTBoost usb thumb drive.

I tried it on one computer running Vista Ultimate x64 and the machine just
kept trying to find a driver for it but never succeeded in mounting it.

I tried it on another computer running VU x86 and it came right up and let
me configure it for ReadyBoost.

I then booted into a VU x64 installation on that same computer and it
configured it for storage fine but failed it for ReadyBoost.

Go figure!

As closely as I can tell, it just depends on the mobo and quality of the
usb ports.