prob with video hardware ...help!

Old May 29th 07, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dcp4

Default prob with video hardware ...help!

hi!

i got a new pc 3 days ago that came with vista home basic. i ve been having
problems since i turned it on , it keeps freezing and when i i try to shut it
off or restart i cant so the only solution is to cold boot. i get this
message:

A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
WD-20070528-2252.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a
copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: 847282D8
BCP2: 88557190
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

can anyone help?? thanks.
Old May 29th 07, 02:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

dcp4,

This sounds serious, but try checking a Vista report for specific errors and
corrective measures to take: Click on Start (icon) and select All Programs.
Then, select Maintenance Problem Reports and Solutions. When that report
opens, select from among the Tasks on the left margin and elsewhere. Peruse
the report and look for any specific information about what caused your
problem (or other problems while you're at it). If you get some insight from
the report, take the corrective action suggested in the report. Just
something to try, since Vista logs errors and hopefully it will in this case.
Let us know whether any of this is useful. We like to know, too. Post back
if this doesn't help, and we'll try something else.
--
freddy

Old May 29th 07, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke

dcp4 wrote:
hi!

i got a new pc 3 days ago that came with vista home basic. i ve been having
problems since i turned it on , it keeps freezing and when i i try to shut it
off or restart i cant so the only solution is to cold boot. i get this
message:

A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

(snip)

New machine with problems out of the box = immediately call the place
you got it and/or take it back. A new computer should not be exhibiting
the symptoms you describe.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Old May 29th 07, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

dcp4,

OK, thanks for the clarification. I did a google search, and it looks as
though a BCCode is usually associated with a driver problem, though there are
numerous BCCode error types (not only 117). The following Microsoft
publication backs up that statement:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316424

Since we don't know specifically which driver is the problem (though the
error messages may disclose this, I don't know how to read all of it to find
out). Even so, the likely suspect is the video card driver. It's common
knowledge that video card drivers have been having issues becoming compatible
with Vista. As drivers evolve, they become less prone to have issues with
Vista.

It does no harm to update your video card drivers to see whether that step
resolves your problem. One way to do this is to open the video card
Properties in Device Manager, select the Drivers tab, and then click on
Update drivers. I don't whether doing that will get you the latest driver
from the manufacturer or something from the Microsoft Update site, or
something else.

If I were doing this, I'd download and install the most recent driver from
the manufacturer's website. If you do it that way, read, understand, and
follow the instructions for installing the drivers. It's important to do it
right because installing video card drivers can be tricky.

As another poster stated, you can return the computer, but if fixing the
problem is simple to do, then it could be more trouble returning it than to
just fix it. If it's easy to do, take it back to where you bought it and
have them take care of the issue. Just my take on the situation. I doubt
that your problem is a Vista issue. Let us know how you do. It's
interesting.
--
freddy

Old June 4th 07, 05:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Merv

Default Video Hardware Error

I am having exactly the same problem and I update the driver on a regular basis. My video card is a Geforce 7600GS and although I updated the driver today, I have had the problem twice since.

If anyone can give a definitive answer to the problem his blood is worth bottling.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Old December 8th 07, 03:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
brodseba

I have the same problem.

Product
Windows

Problem
Video hardware error

Date
2007-12-07 19:27

Status
Not Reported

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working
correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3084

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
available)
WD-20071207-1647.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA8007DD1010
BCP2: FFFFF9800441B03C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

All my update are installed. I got the latest drivers for all my
devices. My BIOS is up to date and I don't overcloack.

I just did a quick search on many forum, and this type of error seem to
come from the driver (in my case ATI).

Here my setup:

AMD Dual-Core 2.0ghz
3gigs of matched corsair memory.
ATI HD 2600 XT
One SATA disk.
600 Watt Power supply.

I guess all is left to do is wait for the next release of ATI drivers,
I hope for the best :-(

--
brodseba
Old January 30th 08, 10:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Killespo

Hi guys

I Beleive i know the prblem but do not have a solution to ther problem.

I Ordered a new custom built PC That came with Vista Homepremium and a
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB

From the start Vista was Blue screening, crashing, not booting
correctly so i could not see teh screen fully due to white line and
fuzzyness accross the screen.

I have read and sort advice from many different places and have come to
belive that these problem are due to a hardwear confilt between your
Graphics card and 1 or more other hard wera components in your computer.
i.e. Motherboard, PSU, CPU, RAM, Sound Card is u are using it in a IRQ
port.

the information that i have recived is that this problem is major and
to return it to the place you bourght it.

Or if u can do a dule boot with XP as that runs fine i Beleilve. That
is what i Have done

Only use this information fi u experiance the same problems as me .i.e.

When tryign to run a multimedia function it blue screens or just turns
blakc and register no signal to the screen.

You get coulor corruption across the screen in the fourm of white line
or just complete white screening.

You have tryed installign new drivers and removing the sound card is u
have one that is not onbard with the motherboard.

Hope i could help give me feed back as well plz if u find a solution to
this problem as i am running XP at the moment as i ahve found no
solution to teh problme that is a deffinate fix

:sarc::sarc::sarc::sarc::sarc:

PS sorry for the spelling

--
Killespo
Old January 31st 08, 04:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dmex[_63_]

Hey Guys heres the Blue Screen Error code or BCCode:117 infomation....

Bug Check 0x117: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED

The VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED bug check has a value of 0x00000117.
This indicates that the display driver failed to respond in a timely
fashion.
*Parameters*

The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.
Parameter Description 1 The pointer to the internal TDR recovery
context, if available. 2 A pointer into the responsible device driver
module (for example, the owner tag). 3 The secondary driver-specific
bucketing key. 4 Reserved.

--
dmex