Hardware Upgrade and OEM Vista Home Premium

Old May 29th 07, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kaz

Default Hardware Upgrade and OEM Vista Home Premium

Hi I recently purchased a low end base PC - AcerT180, AMD 64x2 3800+, 1Gb
PC2-5300 633Mhz RAM, GeForceGo6100 256mb shared, 160Gb HDD, DVD-RW DL.,
currently using an old Packard Bell 19"CRT monitor, and bought a new
Logitech media keybaord elite.

Vista Home Premium 32bit OEM came pre-installed, I have made DVD backups
immediately upon 1st logon.

I have ordered and waiting to install the following and wonder if anyone can
advise me of compatability issues or any activation issues I need to be
aware of:

To be added:

1. 2 x 1gb Patriot Extreme Performance PC2-6400 800Mhz 5-5-5-15
timingss which
I hope to change this in the bios after install to 4-4-4-12.

2. Asus EN8800GTS 320Mb PCIe graphics card

3. Samsung 206BW 20" LCD Screen

4. Logitech Z10 2.0 USB speakers, even though my onboard sound does
provide
7.1 support I'd rather have just the 2 speakers on my desk,
though have
considered getting the logitech X-540 setup.

5. Brother MFC-845CW wireless all-in-one printer/scanner/copier/fax

I have checked the web prior to ordering these items and it seems that they
are all either supported with native vista drivers, or have updated rivers
available on manufacturer websites.

What I hadn't taken into consideration was my OEM pre-installed version of
Vista and WGA, as already mentioned I made the requisite DVD back-ups upon
1st logon and wonder if in the event of having to do a restore or re-install
will this DVD alone be sufficient to do a complete re-install of Vista????

Are there are any known or not generally known compatability issues with any
of the above devices with Vista???

I recently added a Logitech quickcam communicate plus, which had been
packaged with a works with Vista sticker from well known national electrical
retailer (Comet) and this wouldn't work on Vista so I have now installed it
on another PC running XP Home SP2, and it works a dream, I've tried
manufacturer and Windows for driver updateds to get it to work on Vista to
no avail, which is why I'm concerned about the above devices, and thought
the best people to check with would be you fellow users, who often provide
more info and sense than tech support provided by MS or manufacturers, would
really appreciate any info/advice given, as it could save me hours of
needless wrangling with tech support tel calls.

If this is the wrong place to post this, can someone please direct me to the
correct place, I'm brand new to news communities and so need a while to
adjust.

Many Thanks

Kaz