Old January 5th 08, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Thelonious[_3_]

Default "The Audio Service is not running"

Hi
Again thanks for being so helpful, but the file I got is from a Vistta
computer - it is version 6.0.6000.16386 dated 11/2/2006 and it has 303
kb (the XP file is only 42 kb).

I hope someone from Microsoft sees this discussion and intervenes with
an answer.

Thelonious

Feeta;562608 Wrote:
Check if the computer you got the file from runs on vista. When I did
it, it
didn't work at first because the file was from a pc running xp. At the
time
I didn't think it made a difference, but guess it does.

If that doesn't work out, I'm totally lost too, sorry I can't help
anymore
than this tidbit :-\

"Thelonious" wrote:

Hi
Thanks for the advice, but in my case it did not work - I replaced

the
audiosrv.dll file with one received from another computer but the
problem still persists.

Looking at various websites I feel that there is a variety of reasons
for the audio service not working. Mine seem to be related to the
expoiration of some permission that took place on 1.1.2008.

I am comleletely lost now. I use the audio on my computer for a

living
and now it does not work for unknown reasons - I paid good money for

the
software and hardware and now it does not work. Microsoft does not

even
allow you to send them directly a request for help - they leave you

out
in the cold !!

--
Thelonious