Old January 11th 08, 05:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
chas638

Default Epson Scanner, Netwok Drive conflict

I just bought a Western Digital 1TB World Edition netwok drive. After I
connected the drive and installed Mionet WD software on my Vista, I can no
longer use my Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. The computer states it's
available and working fine but when I try to open it I get an error that it
can't be started. It has been working fine for over a year with Vista and if
I switch OS to XP it works. Mionet's only suggestion was uninstall there
program and if the scanner works, use one or the other. That didn't work,
scanner still doesn't respond. I contacted Epson and there suggestion was to
uninstall the scanner and reinstall,NG. Has anyone had a similar problem and
what can I do to correct this. I'm lost without the scanner and have invested
over $250 on the network drive.