Old January 11th 08, 03:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bodidleysquat

Default SATA vs SATA2???

Are SATA and SATA2 like what USB1.1 and USB2.0 used to be? I mean does the
motherboard have to support SATA2 even though you already have SATA
connectors on the motherboard? If not and one wanted to install a SATA2
harddrive on their computer, would you have to do a motherboard BIOS update?
Or would you have to by a seperate card for SATA2, like I had to buy a
seperate USB2.0 card with my old computer? And my last question: Is there a
setting in say Device Manager to tell if your motherboard does support SATA2?