Old January 12th 08, 11:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
drbob4248

Default "The Audio Service is not running"

I have encountered the identical problem to that of the initial poster
in the last week. I have tried replacing audiosrv.dll with one from my
laptop (with working sound) but that did not work. I do not have a
system restore point far enough back from when the problem began, so
that won't work. I really am not interested in reinstalling Windows and
all my programs. Does anyone have any other thoughts that might help?
Bob

--
drbob4248