Old January 13th 08, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Bruce Chambers

Default Moving drive from old PC to new PC

sweetsco wrote:
I recently moved a hard drive to a new computer and I can't gain read/write
access to my old folders.

My computer puked. I'm pretty sure it's the motherboard. So, I bought a
new tower and moved the hard drive. Old system XP, new system Vista.

I can see all the old files and have even transferred mail ID's to the vista
system, but I can't take the "read only" attribute off any of the folders. I
tried the "take ownership" procedure and it did not work even though in the
dialogue box shows that my ID on the new Vista system is the owner. Anyone
got any help????

HOW TO Take Ownership of a File or Folder in WinXP (It's the same for
Vista, though)

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.