Old January 16th 08, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
R. C. White

Default Memory strangeness

Hi, Azin.

I'm running an EPoX MF570sli mobo/AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ CPU, with an ATI
Radeon 1600 Pro PCIe. My PC started with 2 GB of OCZ Platinum DDR2 800
(PC6400) - SDRAM, to which I added another identical 2 GB last month. My
WEI is only 4.6, the "Graphics" score. My RAM score was 5.9 with 2 GB and
still 5.9 with 4 GB. (CPU 5.1, HD 5.2, Gaming Graphics 4.9)

As you said, "I just stuck the RAM in" and it worked. No trauma at all.
;)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

"Azin" wrote in message

Luckily i'm not having any issues with the OS itself, it's running great
with 4 gig in. allot of people can't even get their system running
without changing BIOS, increasing voltages, dropping cycles on the RAM
itself, all sorts of trouble.
As I said, luckily i'm not one of them, I just stuck the RAM in and it
fired up first go, all of i recognised etc.
Just wondering now how WEI gets it's baseline score? how it calculates
it? Does it run some kind of benchmark app? I ask because 4 gig of RAM
should be able to crunch a benchmark proggie faster and better than 2
gig? that's why i'm wondering how i score a lower memory test?

--
Azin