Old January 16th 08, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chuckf1234

Default Vista says AC '97 audio working, but media center says no device

I have an MSI motherboard with onboard Realtek audio. I have downloaded and
installed the latest Vista drivers. The control panel reports the device is
properly installed and working, and that there are no IRQ conflicts. Yet when
I try to play any sound or music, I get an error that says the device is not
installed. The little speaker icon in the task bar has a red x, says
volume:0, and identifies Realtek AC '97 Audio. This problem is driving me
crazy. Any help would be appreciated.
Chuck