Old January 16th 08, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Patrick[_8_]

Default Memory strangeness

check ram speed
2gigs running at 1066 VS 4 gigs running at 800 when its a 1066 the 2 gigs
will have a higher score in MIPS
this is why on most MB"S we need to ad just the ram voltage, it's fine with
2 gigs but 4 needs a +0.3 added

"Azin" wrote in message

Luckily i'm not having any issues with the OS itself, it's running great
with 4 gig in. allot of people can't even get their system running
without changing BIOS, increasing voltages, dropping cycles on the RAM
itself, all sorts of trouble.
As I said, luckily i'm not one of them, I just stuck the RAM in and it
fired up first go, all of i recognised etc.
Just wondering now how WEI gets it's baseline score? how it calculates
it? Does it run some kind of benchmark app? I ask because 4 gig of RAM
should be able to crunch a benchmark proggie faster and better than 2
gig? that's why i'm wondering how i score a lower memory test?

--
Azin