Old January 17th 08, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
danicubos

Default The printer name is invalid - Connect to internet printer

Server 2003 Enterprise R1 SP1 x32

working with IIS6, have a website ...

The website works and I want to complete the add IPP (Internet
Printing Protocol) to "work."

and then I click on the hyperlink Connect, to install the printer
driver on WINDOWS VISTA (business edition) pc .

I get to:
Add Web Printer Connection:
"Do you want to add a printer connection to
http://www.server.com/printers/HP001/.printer?"

I then get Printer Installation. Checking network connection...
" Printer Installation Failed.

The printer name is invalid. "

NOTE : In VISTA Pc I use an account with Administrator privileges,
not the Administrator account, but in both cases it does not work ...

Any help ???

--
danicubos
danicubos's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=39738