Old January 19th 08, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SuperFly1971[_2_]

Default Vista does not see all of RAM

Now come on people if you really dont know the answer then dont post a
reply with a guess. I have the exact same issue with 32bit Vista except
I upped from 1 to 2gb. Now you are going to tell me it will only see a
max of 1gb. Hardly think so DXDIAG sees 1600mb ram system usage is 646mb
of that however it states the memory installed is only 1024mb. I have 2
sticks of Crucial 6400 DDR2 1gb each. I am running an ASUS M2N-E which
will run a max of 4GB. The bios boot up reads 2gb so it has to be yet
another glitch with Vista. Anyone know the real answer to this let me
know you can keep the guesses to yourselves.

roman modic;516227 Wrote:
Hello!

"Barrie" Barrie@xxxxxx wrote in message
I am using Home Premium and recently increased my desktop memory from

2GB to
4GB. The BIOS sees each of four motherboard slots with 1.024GB and

reports a
total of 4096GB. System information reports seeing only 3.325GB. Can
someone please tell me what is going on? Is Vista not using all the
available memory?

'Ask Dan: What's with the 3Gb memory barrier?'
(http://www.dansdata.com/askdan00015.htm)

Roman

--
SuperFly1971