cannot get pictures from my camera on this new vista....

Old June 7th 07, 09:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
westlor

Default cannot get pictures from my camera on this new vista....

new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import
--
wesss
Old June 7th 07, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
George

On Jun 7, 4:24 pm, westlor wrote:
new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import
--
wesss

We need more information. What is the model of your camera? How do
you connect it? With USB? Did it work with XP? Does it require
driver?

My new Canon camera works fine. It acts as an external storage device
when it's pluged into the USB port and it doesn't require special
drivers. However, my old Sony camcorder requires a special driver to
transfer photos from it's memory stick via USB. The driver doesn't
work with Vista and there is not a new driver available.

One option is to get a memory card reader for your computer and to use
that instead og the USB port.

George

Old June 7th 07, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke

westlor wrote:
new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import

Without knowing what kind of camera or if you contacted the maker's tech
support for updated software, I can't help you. A better solution with
digital cameras anyway is to purchase a usb card reader and put the
camera's memory card into the card reader instead.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Old June 7th 07, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
westlor

new to this forum as well...be patient.
I tried downloading drivers from disc and pentax site everthing seemed OK
when I go to "start"..."windows photo gallery"..."import pictures and
videos"..
under scanners and cameras my Pentax is there as a scanner not a camera and
it comes up with Xerox as manufacturer.
what gives?

--
wesss
Xerox

Old June 8th 07, 12:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Michael Walraven

This may or may not apply to you as my camera is a Fujifilm S5000

On my camera there are two options for how the camera appears to the
computer when attached with USB.
It can look like a disk drive (the normal way that pictures are imported).
It can also look like a 'PC camera'.
When set to be 'PC Camera' it appears as a webcam to programs looking for a
webcam. No import of pictures is offered.
Note that when set to 'PC Camera' it does NOT show in Scanners and Cameras,
but is a possible selection (and works) for programs looking for a webcam.

As other posters have recommended, I prefer using a card reader rather than
the USB interface on my camera anyway.

Michael

PS Xerox seems to be the only/default scanner available for manual entry if
a scanner is not found.

Old June 9th 07, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
George

I went to the Pentax website and looked at the drivers for the Pentax
optio 330. There were XP drivers but no Vista drivers. That may be
why you can't get the drivers to work for you. I see that the Camera
use compact Flash card. So you might have to break down and buy a
reader.

George

"George" wrote:
On Jun 7, 4:24 pm, westlor wrote:
new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import
--
wesss

We need more information. What is the model of your camera? How do
you connect it? With USB? Did it work with XP? Does it require
driver?

My new Canon camera works fine. It acts as an external storage device
when it's pluged into the USB port and it doesn't require special
drivers. However, my old Sony camcorder requires a special driver to
transfer photos from it's memory stick via USB. The driver doesn't
work with Vista and there is not a new driver available.

One option is to get a memory card reader for your computer and to use
that instead og the USB port.

George- Hide quoted text -

Old July 3rd 07, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JENIFER

"westlor" wrote:

new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import
--
wesss

I'M NEW TO VISTA TOO AND JUST PURCHACED A FUJI A900 THE COMPUTER WILL NOT FIND THE DRIVER FOR IT, IT'S PLUG AND PLAY. I WENT TO MY MOTHER'S AND USED MY CAMERA ON HER XP WORKS PERFECT! IS THERE A WAY TO UPLOAD THE PICS WITHOUT USING AN ADAPTOR/CARD READER?